Garrett Dimon, Sifter
What is the product?
Bug tracker for small teams and non-technical people.
What is the business model?
How did the founder come up with their idea?
- Was doing a lot of consulting work and found one of his biggest struggles was getting his non-technical clients to participate with the issue tracking, especially with small teams.
- After sharing the ideas around, peopled started expressing interests and encouraged him to do something like that.
How did they know it was the right one?
- It was clear that people showed interests in the beginning and wanted to use something like that.
What did it take to get the initial product out the door?
- Had a simple Rails MySQL setup, built a billing system himself because Stripe was not there yet and Braintree was not so good. Took 11 months in total.
How did they get their first paying customers?
- People expressed interests and came to him in the first place.
- He kept blogging and sharing.
Tagged: #early-days, #indiehackers